Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Martin Marathon

Classification - Action and Service

I have always enjoyed long distance running and have slowly been building up my stamina to ultimately run a marathon. My dad gave me the idea of using it as a chance to help the community. I'm hoping to organize my own run from negumbo to chillow, mark out 26 miles and use sponsorship forms to help raise money for charity. Even better, i know a few marathon runners who may also join and if i advertized enough a may start a proper registered marathon. Another idea for those who don't like running particlularly long distances I could organized a few relay teams who would take turns running with a baton while the rest of the team followed behind in a bus. Personally i would love to have run my marathon before i turn 17 however because this is in too months logistically this may not be possible unless i kept it really small. We will see.

As possibly the most physically demanding challenge i will ever undertake i hope to increase my awareness of my own strengths, I have never tried running any distance close to this far so I'm undertaking a new challenge It's a new activity im planning and initiating by myself. Through the charity im donating to im engaging with an issue of global importance, the most clearly demonstrated, and difficult, criteria would have to be showing preserverence which is really the basis for distance running. I must show preseverence in sticking to my training schedule and not giving up when the day comes

No comments:

Post a Comment