Saturday, August 27, 2011

Goal for the Year: Basketball (Action)

Last season my basketball skills improved dramatically, this year I hoping to get even better again particularly on offence. My biggest problem right now is consistency, I have amazing days and I have days so terrible its mind boggling. My most concrete goal is to make the starting lineup again which this year I believe will be far more challenging than last. If we run a standard offence there will only be two starting spots for a post and I’ll be competing against Jesse, Roger, and Kwabena for those three spots. All of them are amazing athletes and Jesse and Kwabena are both taller than me by about a half a foot. My greatest strength is rebounding, I can time my jump to get the ball at the highest possible point and I’m a pretty scrappy player fighting for every ball, (something I need to learn to turn down in friendly matches) My greatest weaknesses and specific skills I’ll be working on are ball control, my jump shot, and fakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment