Saturday, February 4, 2012

Guitar Concert - Founders Day Assembly

For the past year I've continued practicing at least 3 hours a week and have slowly increased the library of songs I can play to include

Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz
The Prayer - Kid Cudi
Animal I Have Become, Never To Late, and The Good Life - 3 Days Grace
Pain - Seether
Fallen Leaves - Billy Talent
Lonely Day, Mr. Jack, and Holy Mountain - System of a Down
Black Betty - Ram Jam

And a few others. For the founders day assembly i was invited to play acoustic guitar with the student band. We performed Hero by Nickelback in front of the school and some parents right after the lighting of the lamp and the Kandian Dancers.


I glad i showed perseverance and stuck with the guitar, its been just over a year and i've really enjoyed playing, it's become on the ways i relax regularly.

One of the things I've learned from this is unlike acting or making speeches one of my weaknesses I've gained awareness of is i get really nervous when playing the guitar in-front of an audience and am prone to make a lot more mistakes than when playing by myself. It's a skill i'd like to learn though and so one of my goals for the year is to overcome my stage-fright.

To this end i'm planning to perform a guitar cover of Chop Suey by System of a Down with Bharat and Skylor for the next music makers festival in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment